Monday, October 10, 2011

A Perfect Day

Today was a perfect day to spend quality time with my grandma.  She is one of the most important people in my life and she knows her way around the kitchen.  I have a homemade recipe book filled with pictures, memories, and recipes from her.  It was made with so much love and I will cherish it forever.  My roommates are always begging me to bring back grandma's chocolate chip cookies for our cookie jar.  So today grandma and I made some.  

Toll House Cookies
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1t Salt
1 cup Butter
2 1/2 cups Flour
1t Vanilla
Add 1t Baking Soda to 1t Hot Water

Cream butter and add sugars gradually; beat well.  Add eggs and beat.  Add vanilla and mix.  Add baking soda; sift flour and salt.  Add to creamed mixture and mix.  Add a large bag of chocolate chips.  Drop by spoonful onto lightly greased cookie sheets.  Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes.
All Mixed Together.
Ready for the Oven.
Ready to Eat!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Katie, I love that you have collected your grandmother's recipes, along with stories about her. Who knows? You may end up on the NYT bestseller list some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I visit this blog I get hungry.

    ReplyDelete